Ska Keller, MEP, is looking for an assistant to join her team in Brussels. The position is a maternity leave replacement, from September 2021 to January 2022. The assistant will be mainly responsible for office support, agenda management, and logistical arrangements.
Main responsibilities include:
- Manages appointment requests and agenda bookings
- Arranges logistical support for missions and constituency travel, including travel and accommodation bookings
- Offers support in the organisation of various events, including visitors groups, committee or delegation missions etc
- Manages the contact with the administration on logistical arrangements and reimbursements of costs
- Supports the general office administration, including preparing meetings, taking minutes etc
The ideal candidate should:
- Be able to work in German and English (both at proficiency level). Knowledge of other languages is an advantage
- Have strong planning skills, attention to details and a structured approach to work
- Prior experience with administrative work is an advantage, as well as prior experience with the structures of European institutions
- Be a quick learner and a team player, flexible, and responsive
- Have interest in and knowledge of European politics
Due to the recruitment requirements of the European Parliament, successful applicants must be nationals of an EU state and have a university degree (bachelor level) OR three years of professional experience. The remuneration is based on the salary levels of the European Parliament. The place of work is Brussels; with possible missions to Strasbourg. The working time is negotiable: minimum 50%, with full time also possible.
The selected candidate should ideally be available to start in mid-end September. The contract is for a determined period until 23 January 2022.
We encourage particularly women*, people with a migrant background as well as people with disabilities to apply.
To apply, please send a CV of maximum 2 A4 pages (without photos) and a motivation letter of maximum 1 A4 page to email@example.com by 25 August 2021. Both documents should be in English. We aim to hold a first round of interviews in the week of 6th of September.
We only offer high-quality, fair and remunerated internships. Internships are always advertised. For this reason, we would like to ask you to refrain from making unsolicited applications.
In our opinion, internships can only be fair if they meet the criteria of the European Quality Charter for Internships and Apprenticeships. Internships in our Brussels office or in one of the regional offices must therefore always meet at least the following criteria:
- in principle, only open to young people who are still in training or studying,
- as a rule, lasting three months,
- supported and supervised,
- appropriately remunerated.
The calls for applications are published here and on facebook.