Job opening: Assistant to Ska Keller, Co-President Greens/EFA Group
Ska Keller, MEP, is looking for an assistant to join her team in Brussels. The position will be mainly responsible for handling press requests, assisting with social media communication and offering general office support.
- Handle press requests, including appointments for interviews, background checks, preparation research etc
- Coordinate the presidential press work with the Greens/EFA Group communications team
- Suggest and plan social media content, including the creation of visuals and videos, for Ska Keller’s channels
- Write and support with producing articles and quotes as requested
- Be responsible for the general implementation of the communication strategy
- Support with the general office administration, including event organising, appointments, visitors groups etc
The ideal candidate should:
- Be able to work in German (mother tongue level) and English (proficient user) and be able to draft engaging texts in both German and English. Knowledge of other languages is an advantage
- Have strong photo and video editing skills
- Be a proficient user of social media
- Be well informed, staying on top of the news cycle
- Be flexible, responsive, able to work well under pressure
- Have interest in and knowledge of European politics, an understanding of how the European institutions work, and an understanding of Green politics and structures
Due to the recruitment requirements of the European Parliament, successful applicants must be nationals of an EU state and have a university degree OR three years of professional experience. The remuneration is based on the salary levels of the European Parliament. Place of work is Brussels; business trips to Strasbourg take place several times a year. The position is 80% - 100% working time.
The selected candidate should ideally be available to start on 15 October. The contract is for a determined period of time, until 31 December 2021.
We adhere to an equal opportunities policy for all recruitments; in case of equal appreciation on competence and suitability to the position, preference will be given to female applicants.
To apply, please send a CV of maximum 2 A4 pages (without photos) and a motivation letter of maximum 1 A4 page to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 August 2020. Both documents should be in English. We aim to hold a first round of interviews in the beginning of September.